Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Addiction!!!! GIMP!!!!!


I have a new addiction!!!!!  I've seen a few people use the GIMP program to colour their stamps digitally and thought I'd try it out.  It's a free program and so far I LOVE IT!!!! I haven't done much except colour in some digi stamps.

The first hour was really confusing but I figured out how to get what I wanted achieved with just experimenting.

I opened up the program and then found the digi stamp where it was stored on my computer.  I couldn't figure out how to import it so I just dragged the image into the work area.

I then went to the Bucket Fill Tool and played around til I got the colours I wanted and these are just some examples of what I did.  I put my watermark on it so it can't be stolen.  These each took me about 2-3 minutes to colour.

HUGE NOTE!!!!  When you are doing a "save as", make sure you save to your desktop OR you will replace your original digi stamp.  I only did this with one and have been really careful with the remaining images I've coloured.

I love this little girlie from Bugaboo Stamps.  She is just too darn cute!!! Thanks Jodi!!!!

Here is a link for GIMP program.  It will send you to another page for the download but it's the real thing and you'll be amazed at the things you can do with this program.  So, check it out!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still struggling with this program for some reason. I guess it just isn't making sense to me. Glad you are enjoying it - I had heard it was good.

    ReplyDelete